Last night I retrieved the first chassis printout and did a test assembly with the parts that have arrived. It looks good! The axle distance is perfect, the chunks I carved out for the pi are all the right sizes, and it looks bitchin. The only negative was that the mount for the raspberry pi […]
Before leaving the hackspace on saturday, I set the wheels and motor mounts for my robot printing, as I figured these parts probably wont change while I finish the rest of the design. Tonight, I cleaned up the printed parts, and did a test assembly of the track sets: They looked about right, so I […]
Here is a teaser shot for my new rover robot, based around a raspberry pi and a massive lithium battery. Fairly heavily inspired by Wlll’s ball collecting robot.
Last night we did more work on our CNC machine, and got the z axis hooked up and working. Just need to add an endstop , fix the y endstops in correctly, extend some wires, and we’ll be ready for our first cut!
Tonight we had our 4th CNC night. We rebuilt the Y axis of the proxxon mf70 mini mill we’ve been converting using a 3d printed bubblegumcnc kit. After building the axis, We hooked up our GRBL shield and managed to get the machine moving the X and Y axes properly under its own power. We […]
Its taken many months, and millions of pounds of r&d, but we have finally completed the design for our mendel90 heated chamber. Heated chamber kits will be available soon, for a bargain price of £99.99 plus shipping.
After the parts were all bought and measurable, i moved on to the CAD designs for the rest of the body. The design involves slicing a sheet of 18mm MDF into two major pieces, with half-depth pockets for the cables to run down, and to hold the buttons in place. On the above CAD Drawing, […]
Of course, being me, i had to go out and immediately buy a massive pile of parts. Step one was to find something to be the buttons. we spoke about laser cutting or 3d printing parts, but that would take too long, and be way too much effort. I had an idea involving some nice […]
One Saturday Jim, Charlotte and I were working in the Hackspace and talking about how much cool MIDI stuff people have made in the space, and lamenting about how it is all so normal-sized. The idea of making a massive Monome came up. Of course, as this was literally the best idea EVER, we had […]