I’m a big fan of XBMC, and have an Ouya running XBMC set up in my lounge, streaming from my NAS. I normally use XBMC remote on my phone for controlling it, but this gets annoying when the phone is on charge, or I’m using it for something else. I noticed that the majority of […]
Over the weekend I ordered the mainboard for the new robot. It contains an arduino, battery voltage monitoring, battery regulation and a pair of motor driver chips.
It is designed to sit on top of a hardcase 5Ah LIPO, with short leads going into the b…
Last night I retrieved the first chassis printout and did a test assembly with the parts that have arrived. It looks good! The axle distance is perfect, the chunks I carved out for the pi are all the right sizes, and it looks bitchin. The only negative was that the mount for the raspberry pi […]
Before leaving the hackspace on saturday, I set the wheels and motor mounts for my robot printing, as I figured these parts probably wont change while I finish the rest of the design. Tonight, I cleaned up the printed parts, and did a test assembly of the track sets: They looked about right, so I […]
Here is a teaser shot for my new rover robot, based around a raspberry pi and a massive lithium battery. Fairly heavily inspired by Wlll’s ball collecting robot.
I added a prototype lifter arm to my robot yesterday. It needs re-doing (it’s unreliable and heavy) but it works for now. I’m using a new motor driver circuit for it as I burned out the SN754410 motor driver I was using, the lifter motor seems to peak briefly at about 1.5 amps when starting to […]
I programmed some remote control software using a Golang receiving program on the robot and a ruby control client using my gamepad ruby gem and an xbox1 controller. It worked OK. It was a bit jerky, there’s no PWM so no acceleration, it’s either go or stop; anything not totally rigid on the robot wobbles. Also the […]
Prototypes and rejects from the 3d printer. All part of the design process for my robot:
I spent all day at hacman Tuesday and Wednesday printing and tweaking robot parts. I put it all together when I got home. This is the front, the lifter arm has holes to allow me to screw in different attachments, I’ve still not designed that part of the robot yet: Here is the back view, you […]
First test of the Raspberry Pi running off battery power with no external supply at all. In the picture the 5000mAh battery is the object at the back with “5000″ written on it. My multimeter is measuring the voltage output. One of the Raspberry Pi (the thing with the red light on it) output pins […]