So, day one of the buildout. We concentrated on sealing up broken windows (hopefully short term until our double-glazing units are fitted!), putting the wood workshop back together, getting snackspace set up for sugar and brews, and assembling the shelf units along the backwall. Thanks to Ben, Greg, Bob, Fahad, Edd, Ruth and Richard for […]
We like to do occasional workshops at the Hackspace, so when MadLab asked us to make something ‘bug themed’ for a workshop, we jumped on it. The first thought we had was to make up some bug-shaped PCBs with a circuit to flash LEDs, and run a soldering workshop. When we found out the workshop was a […]
I’m a big fan of XBMC, and have an Ouya running XBMC set up in my lounge, streaming from my NAS. I normally use XBMC remote on my phone for controlling it, but this gets annoying when the phone is on charge, or I’m using it for something else. I noticed that the majority of […]
Over the weekend I ordered the mainboard for the new robot. It contains an arduino, battery voltage monitoring, battery regulation and a pair of motor driver chips.
It is designed to sit on top of a hardcase 5Ah LIPO, with short leads going into the b…
Last night I retrieved the first chassis printout and did a test assembly with the parts that have arrived. It looks good! The axle distance is perfect, the chunks I carved out for the pi are all the right sizes, and it looks bitchin. The only negative was that the mount for the raspberry pi […]
Before leaving the hackspace on saturday, I set the wheels and motor mounts for my robot printing, as I figured these parts probably wont change while I finish the rest of the design. Tonight, I cleaned up the printed parts, and did a test assembly of the track sets: They looked about right, so I […]
Here is a teaser shot for my new rover robot, based around a raspberry pi and a massive lithium battery. Fairly heavily inspired by Wlll’s ball collecting robot.
Last night we did more work on our CNC machine, and got the z axis hooked up and working. Just need to add an endstop , fix the y endstops in correctly, extend some wires, and we’ll be ready for our first cut!
Tonight we had our 4th CNC night. We rebuilt the Y axis of the proxxon mf70 mini mill we’ve been converting using a 3d printed bubblegumcnc kit. After building the axis, We hooked up our GRBL shield and managed to get the machine moving the X and Y axes properly under its own power. We […]
After the parts were all bought and measurable, i moved on to the CAD designs for the rest of the body. The design involves slicing a sheet of 18mm MDF into two major pieces, with half-depth pockets for the cables to run down, and to hold the buttons in place. On the above CAD Drawing, […]